This Tuna Steak Ala Pobre, Buttered Veggies, and Chinese Sausage Fried Rice is a complete meal to make use of excess ingredients from other dishes I cooked over the week.
Let’s start with the Chinese Sausage Fried Rice – I cooked Pancit Canton/Bihon to make use of the excess noodles and in turn, I had extra chinese sausage. What’s the best way to make use of extra chinese sausage? Turn it into a super tasty fried rice of course! And this pairs best with everything! You can even add scrambled egg into your fried rice and you can eat it just like that — a complete meal by itself.
Then the Buttered Veggies – these are the vegetables I have in the crisper which I have to make use of or else they’re going to waste soon. Since we are going for a no food waste goal, I just cooked it in butter and salt and tadah! we have a yummy side dish.
The Tuna Steak Ala Pobre? Well, peantubutter
This is the story of how this meal came together.
I’m feeling a bit under the weather. Maybe because I’m stressed or just plain tired.
I hope you’re feeling so much better than me and that everything is going well on your side of the internet.
Happy start of a new week.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LOVE…
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 pc chinese sausage, sliced
- 10 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 4 cups rice
- 1 tsp patis
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the chinese sausage for about 2 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- In the same oil and pan, fry the garlic until brown. Remove half of it and set aside on a plate. This will be our topping is going to taste wonderful on top of our tuna steak later.
- Add the chinese sausage back in the pan and add the rice.
- Drizzle with patis (fish sauce) and mix well. Continue stirring as the rice fries and marries the flavor of garlic and chinese sausage. Do this for 5 minutes.
- Turn of heat.
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 sayote, cut into cubes
- 100g baguio beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 carrot, cut into cubes
- Put the butter and the vegetables in a non-stick skillet.
- Mix well and sauté for about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with salt. Mix, turn off heat, and cover.
- It’s now ready for serving.
- 600g fresh tuna, cut into steaks
- 2 tbsp liquid seasoning
- butter for frying
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 chicken cube + 3 cups water
- salt and pepper
- Marinate the tuna steaks in liquid seasoning for about 15 minutes.
- While tuna steaks are marinating, make the gravy: Heat butter and garlic in a pan. Let garlic infuse butter with flavor.Add the flour and continue stirring until it turns brown in color. Add chicken cubes and pour in water. Stir until free of lumps and bring into a boil. Add water if it becomes too thick. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a pan, heat around 2 tbsp of butter and fry each tuna steak for 2 minutes on each side.
- To serve, put tuna steak on a plate and drizzle with gravy. Sprinkle with fried garlic before serving. Serve with the buttered veggies and chinese sausage fried rice
The post Tuna Steak Ala Pobre appeared first on The Peach Kitchen.