This Tofu Sisig doesn’t only have that delicious, creamy, umami flavor we all love. It’s also easy to cook, vegetarian, healthy, and so budget-friendly!
#PHLockdown Day 13
Today, positive cases hit 1,418. There are now 14 positive cases in Caloocan City where I live. We stayed home the past few days and didn’t go out. I wasn’t able to blog for a few days because watching the news and going on online and seeing the updates became too much for me. I had to distance myself for a few days.
I re-watched Spartacus on Netflix and just cooked my heart out. I just go online when I post a food photo. Yes, I guess you can say it is one way of how I cope during this crisis. There is too much negativity in the air and only food photos can calm me down.
So forgive me if I’m sharing this TOFU SISIG just today.
I love Tofu Sisig not only because it’s healthy and delicious but because it’s also one of those budget-friendly ulams that costs less than ₱100. Imagine, a block of tokwa (firm tofu) only costs ₱25 and it already yields two big bowls of tofu.
You can watch the video below and just follow the instruction from there. Madali lang, promise.
WATCH THE VIDEO HERE:
OTHER TOFU RECIPES YOU MIGHT LOVE…
- 1 block tokwa or firm tofu, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp liquid seasoning
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 green chili, sliced
- 1 bird’s eye chili (optional)
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the tofu in 2 batches, turning as needed. When cooked, remove from pan and set aside.
- Remove oil from the pan and heat butter (you can also use another pan for this).
- Sauté onion and garlic and cook until slightly softened, about 30 seconds.
- Add the bell pepper and green chillies and cook for another 20 seconds.
- Pour in the liquid seasoning and add bird’s eye chili (if using) and mix well.
- Add the cooked tofu cubes and mayonnaise and mix well to coat and heated through.
- You can squeeze out the calamansi or serve with calamansi on the side.