Saffron chai, kesar masala chai for a special treat to your guest/ family to enjoy your tea time. Quick video, step by step detailed pictures post.
The shahi chai has been catching my eyes for long time from the tea menu as I found chilli chai. But the consistency was kind of weird for me to try as it was looking as if it had thickening agent. I wasn’t sure about the recipe as I have not tasted it. So settled with this saffron chai to give it a try. It sure is a mild variation to the masala chai but with an exotic touch.
You can skip any ingredient other than saffron and give it a try according to your convenience, no hard and fast rules. Keep soaked saffron ready in your fridge and you are ready to go anytime with this chai. More you soak, more flavorful the chai is. Do give it a try to treat your family or have a me time with this special chai.
Saffron chai, kesar masala chai
- 1 & 1/2 tso tea powder
- 10 strands saffron soak in milk/ water
- 1/2 tsp crushed ginger
- 1 cardamom
- 1/4 tsp chai masala
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tsp sugar
Boil water in a pan and add tea leaves (powder) to it. Give it a boil for one minute.
Add in soaked saffron, crushed ginger, cardamom, chai masala, sugar and simmer for 3 minutes.
Filter through a metal strainer.
Heat up the serving cups by filling hot water in it for a while (use up for watering plants or wash vessels). Serve the tea in hot cups.
- Soak saffron in lukewarm milk or water for 15 mins. You can do this in bulk if you want and refrigerate to use this as essence.
- Skip ginger, cardamom and use chai masala alone for more saffron flavour dominated tea.
Saffron chai method:
- Boil water in a pan and add tea leaves (powder) to it. Give it a boil for one minute. Add in soaked saffron.
- In goes crushed ginger, cardamom, chai masala, sugar.
- Simmer for 3 minutes. Filter through a metal strainer.
- Heat up the serving cups by filling hot water in it for a while (use up for watering plants or wash vessels). Serve the tea in hot cups.
Enjoy your hot cup of chai with tea time snacks.
The post Saffron chai recipe, kesar masala chai appeared first on Raks Kitchen.