That is temper and sautee onion and make it. She used to make it and pack it, early in morning (Along with lunch packed too) when I leave to hostel so that I can have it before going to class. It used to be divine. Never ate maggie as such, it is always upma version. But Aj doesn’t like anything in his noodle. Just plain one. Some how stopped him eating it when the controversy rose about harmful ingredient in it.
Never thought to attempt the masala at home during that time even though many videos and recipes popped that time. Now, after reading
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp sambar powder
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Corn starch white corn flour
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp amchoor powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/4 tsp fennel seeds powder optional
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
In a mixing bowl, add all ingredients and mix well.
Store in an airtight container. use upto 1 month.
Add 2 tsp, heaped – of prepared masala and required salt for single serving of the Instant noodles.
- According to the sambar powder you use, the flavour also varies.
- Avoid the sambar powder with kopra/ coconut in it.
- I liked the addition of a little bit of fennel seeds powder in my masala as my sambar powder doesn’t have fennel in it.
- You must use onion powder and garlic powder. Ginger powder can be skipped.
Noodles masala method:
- In a mixing bowl, add all ingredients and mix well.
- Store in an airtight container. use upto 1 month.
- Add 2 tsp, heaped – of prepared masala and required salt for single serving of the Instant noodles.
Use this in noodles, upmas and I have made semiya upma with this and it is a