QUESTION: Anong gusto nyo sa MENUDO?
a. maraming raisins
b. maraming hotdog
c. maraming patatas
d. si Ricky Martin (ay jusme, antanda ko na.. I’m referring to the Menudo Boy Band)
… hehehe, Sorna late lunch kasi… Basta I prefer menudo that has lots of raisins. I love the sweet contrast that it gives to this rather savory dish.
My nanay, makes the best Menudo in the world which I cannot — repeat KENNAT — replicate. But of course because I love this dish so much, I try and do my best.
I remember how much my tatay loves Menudo and he loves it paired with pandesal for breakfast the next day. That’s why when my nanay cooks it, expect that there’s be a big batch of it — kasya pa hanggang sa mga susunod na araw.
I love this with pandesal too! How about you?
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LOVE…
- ¼ cup cooking oil
- 2 pcs potatoes, medium sized, cut in cubes
- 1 pc carrot, medium sized, cut in cubes
- 5 pieces hotdog, sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pc onion, minced
- 250 grams pork kasim, cut in small cubes
- 250 grams pork liempo, cut in small cubes
- 250 grams pork liver, cut in small cubes
- 1 (250g) pack tomato sauce
- 1 pc pork cube
- 1-1/2 cups water
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 cup cubed red and green bell pepper
- Patis (fish sauce) to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Fry potato and carrots in hot oil. Remove from oil and set aside.
- Next, fry the hotdog, remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté garlic and onions. Add pork kasim and liempo and fry until slightly brown in color then add liver. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add Knorr Pork Broth Cubes. Stir to dissolve and add tomato sauce, and water, Mix well.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Add fried potatoes, carrots, and hotdog. Continue to cook over medium heat for about 3-5 minutes or until sauc has thicken.
- Add raisins and bell peppers. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Season with patis and ground black pepper.
- Turn off heat and serve with steamed rice.
The post Pork Menudo appeared first on The Peach Kitchen.