Halu, mommas! I missed you and the blog the past few days. I haven’ been posting because I’m a bit irked that Photobucket is not working properly and I (we) can’t see my photo uploads ( check out the 3rd photo below), diba? That’s the reason why my last three posts has that. They have a problem and they can’t solve it immediately because they are short on peeps because of ECQ.
Anyway, I figured it would take them a looong time to get that fixed and I won’t be able to do anything about it. Alangan naman hindi ako mag-blog. Baka ma-lurky ako? So here I am, blogging and hoping my photos would appear real soon.
So what has been happening the past few days???
VIDEO CALL WITH THE KUMARES
Well, I got my first online chikahan with the #KumareBloggers and I missed my 8pm bedtime (yes, I know daig ko pa senior, 8pm pa lang borlogs na). I wake up at 3am kasi, hence the super early bedtime. Anyhoo, nangawit ang panga ko sa katatawa sa tatlong ito! Andadami po nilang energy sa gabi!! I also got some real juicy chismis na secret lang namin… LOL!
MODIFIED ENHANCED COMMUNITY QUARANTINE
Woke up the other day about the news that we are now on Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine (MECQ) staring May 16 to 31.
- Limited movement within zone for obtaining essential services and work
- Operation of selected manufacturing and processing plants up to maximum of 50% workforce
- Limited transporting services for essential goods and services
- Suspension of physical classes
It means more business are going to be allowed to open. Private schools are gonna be allowed too provided there’s no physical classes.
Enough about that, let’s talk about this Pinakbet Fried Rice with Fried Liempo. Pinakbet is actually one of the usual veggie dish I cook at home. So just to make things different, I combined the rice with the Pinakbet to make sure they get their veggies and paired it with their favorite fried pork belly.
O Kamusta naman ang tunog ng MECQ sa inyo mga Mars?
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LOVE…
- 500g sliced liempo
- salt and pepper
- oil for frying
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 white onion,chopped
- 3 tbsp bagoong alamang (shrimp paste)
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup squash, cubed
- ½ cup eggplant, sliced into half moons
- ½ cup ampalaya (bitter melon) , sliced into half moons
- ½ cup sitaw, cut into 1-inch lengths
- ½ cup okra, sliced into rounds
- 4 cups cooked rice
- Season The Fried Liempo: Season the liempo with salt and pepper on each side and let it stand for 30 minutes in the ref. Meanwhile, cook the fried rice.
- Cook The Pinakbet Fried Rice: Heat oil in a wok and sauté garlic and onion until translucent. add the bagoong and water.
- Add the squash and cook for two minutes. Add the eggplant and ampalaya and cook for 1 more minute. Add the sitaw and okra and cook until tender and water has evaporated.
- Add the cooked rice and toss until rice is fully coated with the bagoong sauce.
- Turn off heat and set aside. Keep it warm while liempo is frying.
- Fry the liempo in hot oil until golden brown. Serve immediately and enjoy!