This easy Pesto Pasta Salad requires 6 simple ingredients and just a few minutes to prepare, made with pesto, tomatoes, mozzarella and any bite-size noodles.
Pasta salads can be served as a main dish with a side of grilled corn on the cob and fresh fruit, or as side dish served with something off the grill, like my favorite Marinated Chicken.
If you’re looking for a super fast and easy summer side dish that’s packed with flavor, this one is for you! I love adding homemade basil pesto to this recipe but it’s delicious with a high quality store-bought pesto too, and you can add the pesto straight from the jar.
- Pasta: I use farfalle but any bite-size noodles will work.
- Tomatoes: any chopped fresh tomatoes, or cherry tomatoes.
- Cucumber: I prefer English cucumbers or mini cucumbers.
- Fresh Mozzarella, cut into chunks.
- Pesto: Homemade or store-bought.
- Parmesan cheese: freshly grated.
How to Make Pesto Pasta Salad:
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Add pasta to a large bowl and stir in pesto.
- Add tomatoes, cucumber and fresh mozzarella cubes and toss to combine. Top with parmesan cheese.
Serve Pasta Salad with:
Corn on the Cob
Fresh Fruit Salad
You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for more great recipes!
Pesto Pasta Salad
- 8 ounces farfalle pasta , whole wheat or white
- 3/4 – 1 cup basil pesto , homemade or store bought
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes , halved (I use half red and half yellow)
- 2 mini cucumbers , sliced
- 3 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese , cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
Add pasta to a large bowl and stir in pesto.
Add tomatoes, cucumber and fresh mozzarella cubes and toss to combine. Top with parmesan cheese. Garnish with fresh cracked pepper, if desired.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
I originally shared this recipe May 2016. Updated May 2020 with new photos and improved instructions.
The post Pesto Pasta Salad appeared first on Tastes Better From Scratch.