Our family’s favorite Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are soft and chewy, made with a blend of oats and flour, and both white and brown sugar.
This is one of the very first recipes I shared with you all, published back in August of 2010! It’s the recipe my mom made growing up, and they are AWESOME.
The original recipe attributes them to being a “Mrs Fields” cookie recipe, although I can’t find a source to link them to. They get rave reviews from everyone who has ever tried them!
How to make Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer mix the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Add the oats to a blender and blend until the oats are powdered.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, blended oats, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Gently mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop cookies into balls and place on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until the tops look set. Cookies will harden as they cool, so don’t over-bake them. Allow to cool on the pan for a few minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
How to make Chewy cookies:
There two main ingredients in this recipe that result in chewy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies: oats and brown sugar. The blended oat flour is essential to the added chewy texture, and the molasses in brown sugar makes it a more moist sugar than white sugar, resulting in a chewier cookie.
Storing and Freezing Instructions:
Allow cookies to cool completely, then promptly store them in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 5 days, or freeze them, stored in a freezer-safe container, for up to 3 months.
Consider trying these popular cookie recipes:
- Mint Chocolate Cookies
- Monster Cookies
- Our Favorite M&M Cookies
- S’More Cookies
- Red Velvet Sugar Cookies
You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for more great recipes!
Add to Collection Go to Collections
Mrs. Fields Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 ounce bags chocolate chips (semi-sweet or milk chocolate)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer cream together the butter and sugars. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth.
Add the oats to a blender and blend until powdered in texture. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, powdered oats, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
Gently mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Scoop cookies onto prepared baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 9-11 minutes (a little longer for larger cookie scoops) or until the tops of the cookies are set (no longer doughy looking). Cookies will harden as they cool, so don’t over-bake them. Allow them to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
I originally shared this recipe August 2010. Updated July 2020 with process photos and additional information.
The post Mrs. Fields Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies appeared first on Tastes Better From Scratch.