Just one bite of this amazing homemade Mango Salsa and you will be hooked! It’s made with just a fresh fresh ingredients and minutes of your time, and can be served with chops, or topped on tacos, quesadillas, salads, burritos and more.
This mango salsa recipe tops our favorite salsas list which also includes: Cowboy Caviar, 5-Minute Salsa, and Salsa Roja.
What makes my Mango salsa recipe different from others online is it’s smooth salsa consistency, as opposed to a pico-de-gallo consistency. I love the texture and the way the flavors blend when pureed together and I love the added touch of flavor from a dash of cider vinegar. You can make the salsa mild, medium or hot depending on how you add the jalapeño.
- Fresh mangos: Check for ripeness by gently squeezing it. A ripe mango will be slightly soft but not at all mushy (similar to how you might check an avocado or peach for ripeness). Smell it near the stem, looking for a sweet aroma, and choose a round, plump mango over a lean, flat one.
- Red onion: these have a mild flavor that’s perfect for salsa and I love the color it adds. Substitute a yellow onion or a sweet onion if needed.
- Red bell pepper: Adds color and crunch….
- Jalapeño: for mild salsa, remove the seeds and membrane inside the jalapeño; for spicier salsa, leave all or part of the seeds and membrane.
- Lime: fresh lime juice give the best flavor
- Cider vinegar. Substitute white vinegar or rice vinegar if necessary.
How to Make Mango Salsa (in two steps):
1. Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse a few times to combine.
2. Serve with tortilla chips, over fish, chicken, on tacos, burritos, salads or quesadillas.
Serve Mango Salsa on:
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
- Chicken Quesadillas
- Mexican Tamales
- BBQ Chicken Tacos
- Grilled Fish Tacos
- Any Mexican Food!
You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for more great recipes!
- 3 ripe mangos , peeled, seeded
- 1/2 red onion ,
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro , chopped
- 1 small jalapeno , (veins and seeds removed, for milder salsa)
- ½ teaspoon cider vinegar
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt , to taste
Place all ingredients in a food process and pulse a few times to combine.
Serve with tortilla chips, over fish, chicken, on tacos, burritos, salads or quesadillas.
HAVE YOU TRIED THIS RECIPE?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
The post Mango Salsa appeared first on Tastes Better From Scratch.