Easy brinjal sabzi
Easy brinjal sabzi for phulka, roti, flat breads, pulao too. Step by step pictures recipe.
- 1 brinjal (large variety) aubergine
- 1 onion large
- 3 tomatoes
- 1/2 capsicum
- 1 green chilli
- 3 garlic cloves large variety
- Salt as needed
- Oil for shallow frying
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- 1/4 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Sambar powder or use curry powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp roasted cumin seeds powder bhuna jeera
Chop onion, garlic and green chilli finely, capsicum, tomatoes roughly, brinjal into cubes. Make sure brinjal is not having any water.
Heat a pan with sufficient oil to shallow fry brinjal. Add cubed brinjal carefully.
Turn occasionally for even browning. Once golden in colour drain from oil, keep aside.
Heat 1 tbsp oil in the pan and add garlic, green chilli, chopped onion together. Fry till onion turns soft.
Add chopped capsicum and fry for a minute.
In goes tomatoes, salt, pepper and other spice powders. Cook until tomatoes turn soft and mushy. Takes roughly 4 minutes.
Add fried brinjal, mix well. Cook covered for 3-4 minutes. Garnish with coriander leaves (I skipped as I had no stock).
- Shallow frying gives great flavour to the brinjal. You can also use less oil and try.
- The sabzi doesnt take oil, so use less for frying onion and others. I added more and was too oily I felt.