These birds nest cookies are so cute, little and fun to make with kiddos. They are filled with creamy peanut butter, milk chocolate and butterscotch chips all melted together with chow Mein noodles to look like a nest. Add Cadbury eggs for a special touch birds nest touch!
Make your own fun treats this easter with some kid friendly ideas. My bird’s nest sugar cookies are all delicious and cute treats to make this easter season with kids and goes along with the birds nest theme.
Birds Nest Cookies
How cute are these birds nests?! I just can’t get enough of them and how easy they are to make. My girls and I loved making these together and they are SO easy. The peanut butter and chocolate combination is always a hit and with these adorable nests you can even double the recipe to share with your friends and family. These are so delicious and have just the right amount of sweet and salty to the nest. The chow Mein noodles are a huge hit and make the nests come to life. Add some Cadbury eggs on top and enjoy the sweet crunch and chocolatey flavors all combine.
With this cookie recipe you will find easy ingredients and easy instructions to make these the cutest treat this Easter and spring season. Make the birds nest ingredients ahead of time and store them in an airtight container or ziplock bag to keep them fresh for longer. When ready to serve simply take out and add two to three Cadbury eggs on top depending on the size of your nests. Once they look like a birds nest share them with your friends and family this spring season. These are SO cute and loved by everyone!!
Birds Nest Ingredients:
- Milk Chocolate Chips: Melt the milk chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second increments.
- Butterscotch Chips: These will be melted with the chocolate and stirred together.
- Peanut Butter: Creamy is best to have so the nests are smooth and easy to put together.
- Chow Mein Noodles: This adds a salty taste to the nest with the sweet combination of chocolate.
- Cadbury Eggs: Add two to three eggs on top of each nest before serving.
How to Make Birds Nests:
- Melt together: In a large microwave safe bowl add the chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and peanut butter. Microwave stirring after every 30 seconds until melted and smooth.
- Add noodles: Add in the bag of chow Mein noodles and mix until combined.
- Make nests: Scoop out 2 tablespoons of the mixture and place on parchment paper.
- Add eggs: Top with 3 Cadbury eggs. Let sit until chocolate has hardened.
Pro Tip from The Recipe Critic:
Melt the chips and peanut butter together over the stove top for a more even and glossy combination. Then add in the chow Mein noodles once melted and stir all together.
Tips for Making Easter Nests:
- Chips: Add in your favorite type of chips to make this personal. Dark chocolate or white are fun to try too.
- Chow Mein Noodles: If you don’t have noodles on hand, chopped pretzels work too.
- Muffin tin: Use a muffin tin to scoop the nests into and that will help shape the nests.
- Size: Make the nests as big or little as you prefer.
- Refrigerate: It is best to refrigerate the birds nests for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the chocolate is hardened.
- Eggs: Be creative and use other types of eggs like M&M’s, jelly beans or a peep bird.
Here are More Fun Spring Treats to Try:
- Spring Flower Cupcakes
- Homemade White Chocolate Reese’s Eggs
- Homemade Chocolate Reese’s Eggs
- Carrot Patch Miniature Bundt Cake
Birds Nest Cookies
- 2 cups Milk Chocolate Chips
- 2 cups Butterscotch Chips
- 1/4 cup Peanut Butter creamy
- 12 ounce Chow Mein Noodles
- 1 bag Cadbury eggs Mini
In a large microwave safe bowl add the chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and peanut butter. Microwave stirring after every 30 seconds until melted and smooth.
Add in the bag of chow Mein noodles and mix until combined. Scoop out 2 tablespoons of the mixture and place on parchment paper. Top with 3 Cadbury eggs. Let sit until chocolate has hardened.