Dalgona mocha coffee with a hint of coco and vanilla, just the way I love it. Quick video, step by step pictures post.
When I started blogging, back in 2007, I have seen a similar coffee with instant powder, sugar and hot water, hand beaten with spoon for cafe style coffee. I learnt many Indians make it at home though I have not heard about it. Past two years have again seen in Instagram about this beaten coffee. I make filter coffee mostly and if I make instant coffee, it is to save time or make it quick. So never bothered to try this.
Also am not a big fan of froth and this creamy texture kind of not my cup of coffee. Last week when Instagram feed again was filled with Dalgona coffee and could see Youtube also had viral videos about the making. I think since this coffee really has a recipe to follow, this has become super hit and the creamy texture also adds a cafe style result. During this lockdown, many must be missing their coffee shop drinks. So this went viral and super hit.
Last week made a single serving with my milk frother and again, I preferred simple coffee I usually make as this was strong and smell wasn’t that pleasing for me. Could be the brand of coffee I used too. So I was really wondering how everyone likes it. I even took a poll in my Instagram and Facebook pages. Many requested me to post
Dalgona mocha coffee recipe
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp instant coffee
- 1 tbsp hot water
- 1/2 tsp coco powder unsweetened
- Few drops vanilla
- 1 cup milk 240-250ml
Place instant coffee, sugar, coco, vanilla, water in a cup.
Using whisk, keep beating until you get soft peak.
It takes upto 3 minutes when using electric one.
In serving cup, fill with hot milk and top the creamy coffee mixture as a layer.
Dust with coco powder if needed. Mix and enjoy.
- Hand beating may take longer.
- I tried altering the recipe but I did not get creamy texture.
- If you want cold coffee version, fill the glass with ice, add milk to it and top with the prepared creamy coffee mixture.
Dalgona mocha coffee Method:
- Place instant coffee, sugar, coco, vanilla, water in a cup.
- Using whisk, keep beating until you get soft peak.
- It takes upto 3 minutes when using electric one.
- In serving cup, fill with hot milk and top the creamy coffee mixture as a layer.
- Dust with coco powder if needed. Mix and enjoy.
Enjoy your cup of creamy mocha Dalgona coffee.
The post Dalgona mocha coffee, dalgona coffee recipe appeared first on Raks Kitchen.