Roasted Cauliflower with Chipotle and Lime – an incredibly tasty way to cook cauliflower with very little effort. With caramelised edges, smokey chipotle flavour and fresh lime, it’s a seriously good combination of flavours and a a terrific side dish that can really elevate an otherwise simple dinner.
(Or do as I do and eat this as a meal!)
Cauliflower is just a great blank canvas to do all sorts of things with. It soaks up flavour well, it can be simmered in sauces (like curry), roasted (try this Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower next time), pan fried, blitzed to make Cauliflower Rice or pureed to make creamy low-carb Cauliflower Mash.
Today, we’re roasting – with lime and chipotle. It is a seriously good flavour combination!
What you need for Chipotle Lime Roasted Cauliflower
Chipotle, lime, cauliflower….and not much else. (Just garlic and olive oil!)
How to cut cauliflower – easily and virtually mess free
If you’re one of those people who are turned off by the thought of cooking with cauliflower because you can’t stand the tiny little grains of cauliflower flying all over your kitchen, you’ll love this method to cut florets because its virtually mess free:
- Cut the head of cauliflower into quarters
- Cut the core out on an angle – this will naturally form florets for most of the cauliflower
- Use your hands to break the larger pieces up so you have even size pieces
- Marvel at how little mess you’ve made!
How to roast cauliflower
- Toss cauliflower in oil (use your hands so you don’t need to use tons of oil);
- Then toss in seasonings (chipotle, garlic, salt and pepper in this case);
- Spread on tray (not jam packed, otherwise they will steam instead of caramelise);
- Roast at 220°C/425°F for 25 minutes, flipping halfway
- Drizzle with lime just before serving
And here’s what you end up with – a big fat tray of cauliflower that’s tender on the inside, caramelised on the outside, with that awesome smokey chipotle flavour perfectly complimented by the fresh lime and a teeny sprinkle of coriander / cilantro.
Look at the gorgeous colour you get on the cauliflower!
What meat goes well with cauliflower
Cauliflower will go with any protein – beef, chicken, pork, lamb, fish, prawns/shrimp and other seafood.
This particular cauliflower dish with the lime and chipotle flavour would be right at home alongside any Southern, South Western, Mexican or Tex Mex food.
Try it on the side of one of these:
Other ways to serve this Roasted Cauliflower
- Eat it as a meal in itself – as I have done on many occasions. Yep, it’s that good.
- Stuff it in tacos, drizzle with sriracha and add a dollop of sour cream = cauliflower tacos. SO GOOD.
- Stuff it inside on omelette
- Toss through plain white rice
It’s just a really, really tasty way to prepare cauliflower with very little effort. Make it once, and I bet you make it over and over again like me! – Nagi x
Watch how to make it
Chipotle Lime Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 large head cauliflower , cut into florets
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 2.5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 tsp chipotle powder (Note 1)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp lime juice (1 medium to large lime)
- 1 tbsp coriander/cilantro leaves , finely chopped (optional, sub parsley or chives)
Preheat oven to 200°C/390°F.
Place cauliflower in a large bowl. Drizzle over oil, sprinkle with garlic. Use hands to mix and rub oil over all cauliflower.
Sprinkle over chipotle, salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
Spread out on tray. Bake 25 minutes, tossing once, until the edges are caramlised and cauliflower is just tender.
Remove from oven. Push cauliflower together, drizzle over lime juice.
Sprinkle with coriander and serve hot.
Chipotle substitute – 1/2 tsp smoked paprika + 1/4 tsp cumin or coriander powder + 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (if you want spice).
Life of Dozer
My hat looks better on him than it does me!!
The post Chipotle Lime Roasted Cauliflower appeared first on RecipeTin Eats.