This healthy, low carb Cheeseburger Salad includes all of our favorite burger toppings and a simple homemade dressing piled onto a delicious, hearty salad.
I like to skip the bun and add my perfect, juicy hamburger, veggie burger or black bean burger onto this salad instead! Then includes one of these great side dishes and don’t forget to save room for dessert!
I love how filling this salad is, and honestly prefer to eat my “burger” this way. It’s delicious with a healthy crunch, and works great for meal prep.
How to Make Cheeseburger Salad:
1. Make the dressing. Combine mayo, mustard, ketchup, vinegar, bbq sauce, and refrigerate.
2. Grill the burger patties. Check out my hamburger recipe for tips and tricks for making a perfect juicy hamburger.
3. Assemble salad. Chop and prepare salad ingredients. Add toppings and serve.
Additional Topping Ideas:
- hard boiled egg
- slivered almonds
- sunflower seeds
- mild banana peppers
- bacon bits
- diced bell peppers
- jalapeño peppers
- Ranch Dressing
- Vegetarian salad: Sub a black bean burger or veggie burger on top instead!
Consider trying these popular salad recipes:
- Classic Wedge Salad
- Healthy Chicken Pasta Salad
- Pesto Pasta Salad
- Roasted Butternut Squash Salad
- Waldorf Salad
- Thai Quinoa Salad
You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for more great recipes!
Add to Collection Go to Collections
For the salad:
- 5-6 cups mixed greens lettuce
- 1 -2 tomatoes , sliced (or cherry tomatoes)
- 1/2 small onion , sliced
- 1 avocado , peeled and sliced
- 2 dill pickles , sliced
- 4 hamburger patties
- 4 slices cheddar cheese , plus more shredded for topping, if desired
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (or use half mayo and half greek yogurt)
- 2 Tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2-3 Tablespoons ketchup , to taste
- 1 Tablespoon vinegar
- 2-3 teaspoons barbecue sauce , to taste
Combine the dressing ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
Season the hamburger patties with salt and pepper on both sides. Grill to desired doneness. Place a slice of cheese on top of each to melt.
Divide lettuce among 4 serving bowls.
Chop each cheeseburger into bite-size pieces and place on the salads. Top with tomato, onion, avocado and pickles. Add desired amount of dressing and toss to combine.
I originally shared this recipe April 2016. Updated July 2020 with new photos and improved instructions.
Have you tried this recipe?!
RATE and COMMENT below! I would love to hear your experience.
The post Cheeseburger Salad appeared first on Tastes Better From Scratch.