When Vj improvised his dal when I went to India alone last year, I never thought it would taste this good. Aj just loves it. He also makes sure to balance the spice so that it doesn’t taste bland, it is just spot on always. He have some un usual ingerdients anyways, like adding a sprinkle of sambar powder and a few pinches of fennel seeds powder, but at the end, it just turns so flavourful and delicious.
He uses mixture of toor dal and moong dal, but i used Organic Masoor dal from
- 1/3 cup masoor dal
- 1 tbsp ginger very finely chopped
- 1 tomato
- 1/4 cup cooking cream if using thick cream, just use 2 tbsp
- 3 green chilli very finely chopped
- 2 tsp kasoori methi leaves
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp and a sabji by side.
The post Butter dal fry recipe, Rich & Creamy appeared first on Raks Kitchen.