This tuna salad is a classic favorite that mixes up well and tastes rich and creamy with slices of crisp celery and red onions for that added crunch. All comes together quickly and easily with pantry ingredients!
Ever wonder what goes well with tuna?! Well, I am here to help you use those cans of tuna with this delicious tuna avocado macaroni salad or even this easy tuna pasta salad. These are both perfect for BBQs or potlucks!
Awesome Tuna Salad
Whip up a quick salad, sandwich or make it into a dip with crackers and satisfy all of your tastebuds! This tuna salad is one to remember and crave throughout the week. Serve your salad mix cold on top of any bread, lettuce bib or chip for a quick bite to eat. Make this ahead of time for an even easier meal!
This tuna salad is made to be easy! It is delicious and zesty with its creamy salad mixture mixed with a hint of pickle from the relish, sweet red onions and crisp celery slices that add the best texture. Mix it all up together and you have one awesome tuna salad mixture.
Tuna Salad Ingredients:
All ingredients are storable and have a shelf life making this tuna salad one to make often! It is simple to whip up together and only takes one bowl to dirty up. It is a win-win for a quick lunch or a light dinner during the warmer months.
- Tuna Fish: I used white albacore.
- Mayonnaise: Creamy and smooth texture.
- Red Onion: Gives this salad a zesty flavoring
- Celery: Crunchy texture can be sliced and chopped as thin or thick as you would like.
- Dill: Bring in a hint of pickle flavoring.
- Relish: This is a hidden ingredient that adds more texture but still creamy.
- Dijon Mustard: Hint of that sweet and savory rich flavor
- Lemon Juice: Zesty spin on the mixture.
- Salt and Pepper: To taste!
How to Make a Salad with Tuna:
It is that simple! Just mix all the ingredients together. Delicious, easy and only one bowl!
- In a medium sized bowl combine tuna, mayonnaise, red onion, celery, dill, relish, Dijon Mustard, lemon juice, and salt and pepper.
Variations of Tuna Salad:
Want a stronger flavoring or add in an extra crunch? This salad is so versatile and tastes delicious with extra ingredients. Have fun with this salad and make it personal every time you make it with these quick and simple variation ideas.
- Mayonnaise: If you are looking for an even light dish but still creamy, try it with greek or regular yogurt.
- Avocado: Mash up an avocado as creamy as you can and substitute the mayonnaise for it. Turn your tuna salad into a green salad!
- Fruit: Add in raisins, craisins, chopped up apples or sliced grapes for a fruity, fresh taste.
- Vegetables: Try it will shredded cabbage, diced up cucumbers or even shredded carrots.
- Nuts: Walnuts, pecans or almonds are a delicious crunch to this salad.
- Seasonings: Sprinkle some oregano, thyme or rosemary over top and blend in to the salad mix.
- Spicy: Red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper or curry powder adds a twist of spice that leaves a zing in your salad.
What Goes with Cold Salad Mixture?
This cold salad is so fun to make and will last about a week long. Make this ahead of time for easy meal ideas like adding it to this tuna melt.
- Sandwich: Add a tomato, slice of onion and some lettuce to a sandwich for a quick lunch. Even toast your bread for a delicious texture.
- Bread Wrap: Use flour tortillas or a pita bread to wrap your salad in.
- Lettuce Wrap: Butter lettuce leaves are perfect for a low-carb lunch or light dinner idea.
- Dip: Grab some of your favorite crackers or chips and serve it as a dip. This is one of my favorites as I am on the go!
How Long Does Tuna Salad Last?
Make this ahead of time and have for a quick lunch, snack or on the go meal. It is so simple to store and lasts about a week long!
- Refrigerate: It is best to store this salad mix in and airtight container in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days long. Serve cold!
- Can you freeze tuna salad? As crazy as it sounds, yes! Add the cold salad to an airtight container or ziplock bag. Lay flat in the freezer for 1 month. Thaw over night in the refrigerator. Once thawed, drained the extra liquid before serving.
More Delicious Salads:
- Avocado Egg Salad
- Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
- Creamy Cucumber Salad
- Broccoli Ramen Salad
- Best Ever Creamy Pea Salad with Bacon
Awesome Tuna Salad
- 4 5 ounce cans Tuna fish drained (I used white albacore)
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Red Onion finely diced
- 1/4 cup Celery finely diced
- 1 teaspoon Dill chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Relish
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
In a medium sized bowl combine tuna, mayonnaise, red onion, celery, dill, relish, Dijon Mustard, lemon juice, and salt and pepper.