Avocado egg salad is a twist on egg salad adding in the avocado for the color and delicious flavor! Add this to any sandwich or eat it straight from the bowl, it will be a new favorite!
You loved this Egg Salad recipe so much it is even better when you add an avocado! This combination is a perfect mix together!
Avocado Egg Salad
This is a light and tasty egg salad that has one extra special ingredient! An avocado! It may sound different but it is so tasty and good. Still having that rich, thick texture and intense flavor adds to this salad or sandwich combo. So easy to mix together and add it to any kind of bread or toast. Simple ingredients for a simple recipe!
You will be making this recipe over and over again. The ingredients are simple to mix together and makes a creamy deliciousness! When making this salad you may think of celebrations and this is perfect for those special occasions or when needing to feed a crowd. The colors are soft and subtle ready for spring time. Light and tasty to bring on the warmer weather and fun days ahead with this simple to make avocado egg salad recipe.
Easy Avocado Egg Salad Ingredients:
- Eggs: Boil eggs ahead of time and peel to add into the bowl.
- Avocado: Slice and mash into the egg mixture.
- Mayonnaise: Adds the creamy texture and flavor.
- Dill: Minced
- Chives: Have an onion flavoring with a hint of garlic flavoring in the chives.
- Dijon Mustard: An intense flavoring of mustard with a sweet twist.
- Salt and Pepper: Just a pinch for taste!
How to Make Avocado Egg Salad:
- Boil Eggs: Add the eggs to a saucepan and fill with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let the eggs stand for 10-12 minutes. Take the eggs out of the water and let cool.
- Mix together salad: Peel and chop the eggs and add them to a medium sized bowl. Add avocado, mayonnaise, dill, chives, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Mix well and mash avocado as you mix. Spread on bread or use with your favorite crackers.
How to Hard Boil Eggs?
Place eggs in a large saucepan. Cover them with cool water by 1 inch. Cover with a lid and bring water to a boil over high heat; when the water has reached a boil, set the timer for the desired time. Boil for 6 – 7 minutes over medium-high heat for perfect hard-boiled eggs.
Tips for Making the Best Avocado Egg Salad:
- Hard boil eggs: It is best to hard boil your eggs ahead of time. Try not to overcook the boiled eggs in the process.
- Mashing avocados: Chunky avocados are better than a creamy avocado in this salad. Avocados are naturally creamy. The softer they are mashed and mixed together the better the salad will be.
- Fresh Herbs: I personally prefer fresh herbs for this recipe. It seems to blend better and have that strong flavor that adds more to the salad.
- Mayonnaise: If you need to substitute it for greek yogurt for an even lighter texture, that will alter the taste but will have the consistency needed.
How To Store It?
Store in an airtight container in the for 3 to 5 days long in the refrigerator. If you are enjoying a gathering and have the salad at room temperature it is best to store it after 1 to 2 hours or it is recommended to discard.
Here are More Salad Sandwiches!
- Avocado Chicken Sandwich
- Cashew Chicken Salad
- Chicken Caesar Wraps
Avocado Egg Salad
- 8 large eggs
- 1 large avocado
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup dill minced
- 2 tbsp chives minced
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
Add the eggs to a saucepan and fill with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let the eggs stand for 10-12 minutes. Take the eggs out of the water and let cool.
Peel and chop the eggs and add them to a medium sized bowl. Add avocado, mayonnaise, dill, chives, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Mix well and mash avocado as you mix. Spread on bread or use with your favorite crackers.