These 15 Minute Air Fryer Bagels are insanely delicious. Chewy homemade bagels with 5 ingredients. They can easily be customized with a variety of yummy toppings.
We love eating bagels for breakfast, but did you know they also make terrific sandwiches too? We will add some turkey, chicken, or veggies and enjoy a delicious and simple lunch idea.
The fact that I can quickly and easily make these incredible bagels in my air fryer is even better. I feel like they taste a ton better than what you can pick up in a bakery too. So, as you can imagine, we frequently make them.
What I enjoy about these bagels is they can be made to be sweet or savory. We more often than not add savory toppings because they go with so many meals. Let’s get started so you can make a batch or two soon!
What You Need To Make 15 Minute Air Fryer Bagels
- Unbleached all-purpose flour: Using all-purpose flour is a must when making these divine bagels.
- Baking powder: The baking powder will make the bagels nice and fluffy, just like we are used to.
- Kosher salt: A little bit of salt makes them perfect every time. It enhances the flavors and is so important.
- Plain nonfat Greek yogurt: It’s important to use plain yogurt and nothing that is flavored. If you use flavored, it is going to make the bagels taste a lot different than what we are aiming for.
- Egg: Beat an egg and use it to brush on top of the bagels. This will give them a gorgeous golden brown color on top.
How To Make 15 Minute Air Fryer Bagels
If you haven’t made bagels before, I understand if you are worried that they would be difficult. However, they are actually one of my most easy recipes.
You will need to begin by mixing the flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Then pour in the Greek yogurt and give it a stir.
Roll the dough into a ball and put it on a surface that has been sprinkled with flour. Cut the dough into eight equal sized parts. Then roll the pieces into a rope just like you did as a kid when you played with playdough. Pinch the edges together and make a bagel shape, then brush with the egg and add toppings.
Cook the bagels in your air fryer for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees. When they are golden brown, they are done. Allow them to cool at least 5 minutes, then you can slice and serve. Enjoy!
Air Fryer Bagels Topping Ideas
Here are a few of the toppings that I use frequently. Keep in mind you can also use other toppings, but these are something to inspire you.
- Everything Bagel Seasoning: If you haven’t tried this seasoning yet, it’s a must. It’s seriously so incredible!
- Shredded Cheddar or Asiago Cheese: I am smacking my lips, thinking about eating a bagel with cheese. Both options are fantastic.
- Sesame Seeds: Sprinkle a few sesame seeds on top and enjoy your bagel. Yum!
- Poppy Seeds: Not only does adding poppy seeds give the bagels some added flavor and texture, but they also make them look so gourmet too.
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
If you love using your air fryer, don’t forget to try out some of these recipes too. These are some of our favorites:
- Air Fryer Fried Chicken
- Air Fryer Zucchini Fries
- 10 Minute Crispy Air Fryer Broccoli
- Chicken Taquitos
15 Minute Air Fryer Bagels
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour plus more for dusting work surface
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 egg beaten
In a bowl, measure and add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine.
Next, add in the greek yogurt, stir with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula until combined. Shape dough into a ball and turn out onto a floured surface.
Divide the dough into 8 equal parts. Roll each piece into a 8-10 inch rope and pinch edges together to make a bagel shape. Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with your favorite bagel toppings.
Set the air fryer to 350F. Air fry bagels for 10-12 minutes or until golden.
Cool for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Everything bagel seasoning
- Shredded cheddar or asiago cheese
- Sesame seeds
- Poppy seeds