#PHLockdown Day 7.
I am more scared than ever after seeing the update just now — there are 462 confirmed cases of covid-19. I am more scared to go out even to buy pantry essentials!
Yesterday, we were given our quarantine pass, this lets one member of our family go out and buy food, medicine, and any other need that we may have. It’s usually the head of the family, and for us, it’s peanutbutter
We are using up our stocked vegetable and I’m sharing with you one of our budget-friendly ulams that costs about ₱100.
- 1/2 kilo Baguio Beans – ₱40
- 100g ground beef – ₱40 (Or 100g ground pork – ₱35)
- 2 cloves garlic, 1 onion, 1 tbsp cooking oil, beef cube – about ₱20
So easy to cook, just sauté everything and simmer for a few minutes. Voila! You have a healthy, cheap ulam which you can pair with rice or another viand of choice. For us, it’s the leftover Lumpiang Shanghai and a few fried chicken pieces.
If you’re following me on Instagram, you may have noticed that I’m posting regularly now more than ever. I think it is my way of coping with all that’s happening around us. It’s my way to keep my mental health because cooking relaxes me and takes my mind of this pandemic. I know we have different ways of coping and that’s mine. Others do Tiktok, others watch Netflix the whole day, and others posts selfies, others work out and sunbathe, and that’s okay. I think we owe ourselves self care so that we emerge off this situation as ourselves, if not better and stronger.
Stay at home and Keep Safe, mommies. Let’s help flatten the curve.
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 100g ground beef
- 1 beef cube
- 1 cup water
- 500g baguio beans, cut into small pieces
- season with patis and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté garlic and onion until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add ground beef and cook until brown.
- Pour in water and add beef cube. Stir to dissolve and bring to a boil.
- Add the beans and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir and season with patis and pepper as needed.
- Turn off heat and serve with rice.
The post ₱100 Ulam: Ginisang Baguio Beans appeared first on The Peach Kitchen.